Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cicilline for Congress, RI 1st District: Gay? Yes, but Who Cares?

This weekend, I am making phone calls for my friend David Cicilline, Mayor of Providence, who is running for Congress in RI's 1st District. He is seeking the seat being vacated by Patrick Kennedy. I am supporting David for a number of reasons.

David & I care about Providence, the 1st District, & its citizens. Period.
David & I are progressive Democrats, although we don't agree on every issue.
David & I are fellow alumni of Brown University, although 10 years apart.
David & I are gay, even though he came out years after I did.
David & I value the diversity of people, cultures, & views of the 1st District.

Please join me in supporting David. You can make calls, put up a lawn sign, or help us in the neighborhoods. Call or text me & I will put you in touch with the campaign. 401-354-2837.

The RI primary is Tuesday, September 14th! Help us get out the vote!

Here is a link David's campaign website: www.cicilline.com/

1 comment:

  1. Here's another article about this race and sexual orientation:

    http://www.gaypolitics.com/2010/08/05/will-sexual-orientation-be-an-issue-in-r-i-congressional-race/

    ReplyDelete